Star Wars: Scatterstar
"Execute order 66"
With those simple words, myriad Jedi and Padawans had fallen under the trigger of a blaster. They were all but purged from the galaxy. Survivors, desperate to live on hid, in exile and scattered to distant, remote planets. The Galactic Senate had crumbled, giving way to the Empire.

But balance must return to the Force, and secretly, Jedi are roaming the galaxy to find Padawans, a new generation to train in the ways of the light side of the Force. A rebellion is forming and those once undiscovered in the Wild Space and the Unexplored Sector are now making their voices heard.

ScatterStar is a Star Wars crossover forum based RPG set in the 26th century and takes place between Episode III and Episode IV. Ever wanted a Vulcan Jedi? A Klingon with a BFG 9000? A Roswell Grey Sith? A Yautja bounty-hunter who collects the lightsabers of his kills? A Wookie ensign in Star Fleet? In ScatterStar, all this and more can be possible.
Because the Universe is a very, very big place...
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 15 on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:20 pm
Affiliates
AFFILIATE WITH US!

AFFILIATES
MEFA; a pre-Shepard Mass Effect RP Star Wars: ExodusTO INFINITY AND BEYOND Vector
Hope Awakens
A New Dawn: The galaxy is yours
Star Wars: Last Resort

[CLOSED]Episode 1 Act III: Meeting in person(Location: Scatterstar Station - Chimera's quarters. Vermin, Chimera.)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[CLOSED]Episode 1 Act III: Meeting in person(Location: Scatterstar Station - Chimera's quarters. Vermin, Chimera.)

Post by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:26 pm

The ship was a modified drop ship, it felt much like a bus.  Four levels, the seats were lined against the walls along the length of the rectangular ship. It had meager defenses, an ample shield, generous booster jets and a cloaking device. Vermin watched through a slim porthole as they passed through the asteroid belt that served as one line of defense for the station. The AI drone on this tub was a good pilot. The ship moved smooth, dancing around the huge hunks of rock and metal and ice.

He leaned back in his seat as the ship shook on the descent, just typical landing turbulence. He closed his eyes and tried to doze while his body acclimated to the changes in altitude and atmosphere.

They landed and the jets cooled. The doors opened and refugees started to file out. Vermin walked down the ramps with the other refugees, some people were being assisted, some were on gurnies, or wheeled or floating chairs. He watched as supplies were unloaded as well. A lot of plants, all varieties of shapes and sizes, including a few impressively large fly-trap type plants.

The younglings were filed out next, about nearly 20 of them, from all corners of the known universe. He kept his eyes protectively on the ones from his neck of the galaxy: some little humans, Salarians, Turians and a couple of multi-coloured Asari daughters, still missing their tattoos. No Krogans. They were still stubbornly trying to repopulate Tuchunka.

He pushed from the wall he was leaning against and started walking.

______

He sat on Chimera's plush couch, his booted feet on her nice, expensive table. He was comfortable, like he had every right to be there, like they were expecting each other. He looked up as she entered the living quarters from her kitchenette.

"Nice place." He said. "One of the perks of being one of the higher ups, hm, councilor? Maybe I should switch careers, but I've never been very Forceful. Don't bother asking how I got in here. We both know why I'm here."

He kicked his feet off the table and stood, wandering to the replicator. "A bottle of Turian brandy. Two glasses" And with a shimmer and a hum, a cup of the drink materialized. He filled one glass and took a sip. "That's the thing with replicators. Solve galactic hunger, but it all tastes watered down and under-spiced. Nothing beats fresh, don't you agree, Councilor?" But he filled his glass again, along with hers, which he handed to her. "So, what shall we drink to?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [CLOSED]Episode 1 Act III: Meeting in person(Location: Scatterstar Station - Chimera's quarters. Vermin, Chimera.)

Post by Daryl-Kappan-Chimera on Wed Dec 18, 2013 2:52 am

"Jedi don't drink." scorned a wiser voice, no-different in pitch, from within the pretty, almost français, facade of the true being who place an open hand atop the drink. It very gently, motherly, placed nudged the glass back. This was a parental, ambitious figure that would use its wisdom to achieve its goal - the outsider's daughter.

"Being spread across the galaxy, or being in the middle of a holocaust, or having to explain to you that you cannot be apart of her life, is not something to drink to. This is a dire time when the Jedi Council can no longer concern itself with the needs and happiness of the people, and must rather prioritize its selfish survival. Peace will know a much different name if I do not succeed." Explained Forta as it walked about the room, touching things just to attempt to feel their textures. It was a rarity for the being to assume such tangibility; after all, appearances like this resulted in the risk of its own safety.

The outsider would soon realize he wasn't conversing with the Chimera he thought he might be.
Daryl-Kappan-Chimera
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: [CLOSED]Episode 1 Act III: Meeting in person(Location: Scatterstar Station - Chimera's quarters. Vermin, Chimera.)

Post by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:16 am

"I don't need to be a part of her life, councillor." He said, his two-toned voice, at once harmonious and dissonant, was level. His jaw mandables twitched a little as he watched her glide her way across the room and touch her belongings. "I just need to know she's safe and she's getting what she needs."

He took another drink, perhaps to steel his fortitude for what he dare say next.

"It must be so easy to preach about saving the galaxy, surviving, claiming it's all down and dire while sitting in great comfort. If what I've heard about your group is true, you don't hold many possessions...and yet, while lovely, I don't think you really need that window dressing, or that framed picture of the Milky Way."

He swirled the liquid in his glass. "It could give someone like me the wrong impression, that you know precisely shit-all about surviving. But..." He took the final drink, then reached over for her refused glass and drank some of that, too. "maybe it's all just...window dressing."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl-Kappan-Chimera on Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:43 am

"I am Forta, all that is Jedi within Chimera the Politician, and have not been granted permission of such tangibility since we arrived here. Forgive my appreciation for what might be construed as greed; this is love. Love for everything this world will loose, and it should be collected, cherished, adored by those who have that privilege. Although, my host might show it in grander, I show it by having simply her. She lives this way as a prize for what sorrows being mine embodies. The Trill-Symbiont relationship is complex - like many of the races of your system, we have our intricacies." It explained, hoping that would ease the protective father's mine.

"I can access Chimera's thoughts and even impersonate her, but I will not speak for her. She's far too strong, unlike my past-lives, to require me in that light. This Trilless runs the new-republic order without my help, which allows me to focus on reviving the Jedi." It explained further, pausing to allow his solidarity towards this goal to settle in the outsider's mind. However, before it could rattle, it continued--

"Honestly, your daughter may be safer never knowing the force, but she may also be discovered. This Emperor and his frightening apprentice are powerful, and, should they find her as I have, sometime when you and my current body have long since passed, she will need to know the balance of the force to cache and protect herself." It assured, appropriating itself to the center of the living area. "When that time comes, may the force be with her."
Daryl-Kappan-Chimera
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:52 am

He titled his head, and looked at the Trill. His eyes were a deep amber-gold from within dark sockets. "I couldn't have said it better myself. Her kind live a long, long time. I won't be there forever. Hopefully the galaxy will." He muttered, then pulled his shoulders back. "Best she learn how to fight for her own survival. And others like her. Trust me, I have no love for the Empire. Way I'm seeing it, with or without her, I'm fighting on the side of Angels."

His gaze lingered somewhat, still watching her affectionately touch her things. The Symbiont was right, that was love. It reminded him of his own partner in crime. He pushed the thought away and plunked his glass, without a coaster, onto the table and got to his feet.

"We both work in the shadows. I know your kind, you weave your webs in red tape. Normally, I hate that. But you're more than that. Your red tape is really smoke and mirrors. I can get behind that. Provide it works out in my best interests. Lucky for you, my  best interests just so happen to align with the rest of the damned Universe. Get that squared away, then we can start micro-managing who-owes-whom-what."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl-Kappan-Chimera on Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:28 pm

"It is settled. I would like to assimilate Vox into the order immediately. Having the youngling become comfortable in this new environment only to be ripped away would be damaging for both of you. I'm sure." It complied, grabbing a large staff from the corner of the room and knocking her hand on a sharp groove. The host's palm bled profusely, allowing Forta to remove drawn chakrams or symbols about the room in various location by placing a crimson, force-sensitive hand. The last, being the entrance. She mixed energy within them, the force, allowing this conversation, and the people and object within, to be incapable of sensory attraction and decoding. The cells retain information and we stored within her body. It was a form of time-space sealing, which delved into the same network as Obiwan's afterlife abilities. The Archiver - as they, she and this being, were titled in her youth by Master Shaak Ti and Master Alaya Sakura during her mastery demonstration.

Suddenly, new eyes eyed the table that Vermin had made a mess atop. "Do they not have coasters in your world, Turian. That table is very expensive; then again, a strong male of your reputation would not have a problem replacing it. As much as Forta wishes your daughter's safety, I require a guard and an errand runner. A handsome, daring, charismatic one. I am far too classy of a lady to rely on Wookies or Gamorreans. Vile, stinky beasts! Not like yourself. See, the offer stand for you to be my pool-boy." She stated, knowing the Turian would understand she was not talking about grocery shopping.

"I'll have that drink now, replicator. Dry Martini." She loosely let out her hand to delicately grab her drink and sit on the lovely chaise-lounge. It was laced together with Boga scale-feather - a beautiful peacock-shade to match her emerald eyes.
Daryl-Kappan-Chimera
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:26 pm

"That's why I brought her here. Don't worry, I didn't leave her with some gushy sentiment. Cuddles. She and I both know the dangers." He got more ridged. More 'business'. "Training her won't be easy." He said. "You'll have to unravel what is force, and what is her biotics. I don't envy her teachers."

When she cut herself, he opened his mouth to say something, but the action seemed purposeful so he held back. 

And then it seemed she was a completely different person. His eyes flicked from hers, to the ring from his glass, to her again, watching her relax on the lounge. 

Wait, did she just call him handsome?

Finally, he spoke. "Ah, yes. Guard duty. I am fully prepared, and I expected, to use my services in such a way. But I need to know some things. What level of access do I have? Is this off the books? Do I even exist? Or am I a figurehead? Something to show off and threaten people with while your real guards do your dirty work? Like I told your other half, I only want to protect my kid and myself. For that, I'm willing to get my hands very dirty."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl-Kappan-Chimera on Thu Dec 19, 2013 3:55 am

"We will require you to be the palidan of a dying race, a night in shinning armour. My otherhalf and the remaining few are the final hope force this world. The force, and so the world, is suffering a great balance. Sometimes, I feel, if I try hard enough even I can feel it." She said, moving in closer on the couch after sipping the potenttini. Potentent martini indeed. "You, and a diverse group of your choosing, will assure the safety of this station for the sake of balance and the wealth of democracy. It is but a dangling, annoying, rubbing, itchy--

She pulled some wandering fluff from the Turian. "Fabric! just waiting to fall out. We must take the pieces and weave them back together. You speak of angels; well by the life-day, four cycles from now, we will have our democracy in blanketed wealth." She smiled, placing it in the billows and bowels of her expensive silk attire. She was not as glamourous or extravagant as Amadalia, but appreciated the Nabooian's admiration for quality.

"Forta sensed a connection with the force far greater than anything we could imagine. It was described to me as innocence incarnate and yet very subtle. A bond between the Darkside of the force and the Lightside. Forta recounts it to have taken place on Pandora and could be the connection of two sentients or two rocks. Forta is unsure. As the Primary of this ship, I require your military and scouting advice as to how to receive more information safely as I cannot leave Scatterstar." She swigged the last of her drink and place it on a glass coaster only to dematerialize. "What is a resonable corse of action, First Officer Vermin."
Daryl-Kappan-Chimera
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:57 pm

He backed up a little as she reached out to him and plucked the fluff off his shoulder. 

Let's keep this professional, right? he thought.

As she explained about Pandora and the sensitives there, he considered. "Yeah..." he said slowly. "I could take a small squad and do what I can." He nodded. "But I work better alone. Faster, quieter. Keep com-lines open and I can scout it out for you and be back before supper. Provided I don't run into any trouble of course. But, it sounds like you might have a team in mind. Though, I don't like titles. None of this First Officer stuff. The name "Vermin" will do fine."

Vermin ran his three fingered hand over his crests on the crown of his head. "I don't think I have to tell you that I'm ignorant to the finer points of all this Force business. But I do understand survival. And darkness. And that darkness is bad." With that last comment, he smirked a little, sort of cat-like, really, despite his strange armored flesh.

He leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees. "Innocent incarnate, huh? What does that mean? A kid?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl-Kappan-Chimera on Mon Dec 30, 2013 4:25 am

"Could be a child, or something we don't yet understand. After all, we must go where no one has gone before." She grinned, using the finner idiom of her heritage.

The ship suddenly rumbled, causing them to sway hard and loose balance. A sound came from the Scatterstar communicator on her broach. [i]"Mayday. Mayday. Captain Chimera please report to bay seven, we seem to have a situation."[i]

"Copy, security will be there shortly." She mutter, getting up from being tossed about. She dusted her knees. "Vermin, Is it? Seems like you have your first need of attendance. I'll meet you in the bay. Please assess the area before I arrive."

"Scar47, please beam Vermin to the affected area." She stated before yellowis beams surrounded the new officer.
Daryl-Kappan-Chimera
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top