Star Wars: Scatterstar
"Execute order 66"
With those simple words, myriad Jedi and Padawans had fallen under the trigger of a blaster. They were all but purged from the galaxy. Survivors, desperate to live on hid, in exile and scattered to distant, remote planets. The Galactic Senate had crumbled, giving way to the Empire.

But balance must return to the Force, and secretly, Jedi are roaming the galaxy to find Padawans, a new generation to train in the ways of the light side of the Force. A rebellion is forming and those once undiscovered in the Wild Space and the Unexplored Sector are now making their voices heard.

ScatterStar is a Star Wars crossover forum based RPG set in the 26th century and takes place between Episode III and Episode IV. Ever wanted a Vulcan Jedi? A Klingon with a BFG 9000? A Roswell Grey Sith? A Yautja bounty-hunter who collects the lightsabers of his kills? A Wookie ensign in Star Fleet? In ScatterStar, all this and more can be possible.
Because the Universe is a very, very big place...
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 14 on Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:55 pm
Affiliates
AFFILIATE WITH US!

AFFILIATES
MEFA; a pre-Shepard Mass Effect RP Star Wars: Exodus Star Wars Universe RP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND We Fight or We Die Vector

Episode 1 Act 3 - Searching for the Past (Dvorak, Chimera Forta)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Episode 1 Act 3 - Searching for the Past (Dvorak, Chimera Forta)

Post by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:09 pm

They were in Forta's roomy personal craft, with Forta as pilot. Dvorak sat silent at her side, a look of quiet contemplation on his small face. His brows were slightly lowered, a tiny frown on his usually serene or happy face, his ears low.

He was focused on the feeling, of sensing his master, but other thoughts and imaginings were also taking up occupation in his mind. He tried to dismiss them, but they kept nesting their way in. Like a lazy Loth-cat.

"Master Forta...is it even possible that Master Thiacyn is alive? And if so, what will...you...do?" Perhaps he was overstepping his boundaries. "She spoke very fondly of you. And of her master, Charon. There are so few Jedi left. Perhaps forgoing the lack of attachments makes us stronger. Denying ourselves joy and companionship...only brings frustration. Heart ache. Darkness." He took a breath. "Thiacyn told me that Charon danced on the edge. Neither light or dark but grey. Perhaps only true balance to bring back true balance..."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Episode 1 Act 3 - Searching for the Past (Dvorak, Chimera Forta)

Post by Daryl-Kappan-Chimera on Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:35 am

Chimera gave a little cocky snort. It wasn't meant to sound arrogant as she wanted to be there for Dvorak's internal plight. Maybe, just maybe, she'd have to rehash some of the darkness to explain.

"You must have felt it." The words stuck like a dry pill.

"My name. Chimera Forta. Thycina used to call..." Another dry pill. "She used to call Forta Master Charon but they're not so easily indistinguishable, Dvorak." She tried to explain somewhat, not really ever having had to before now. "Do you know what Trill are?" She started, daring to explain this to a species without space flight. He seemed so innocent to her. Maybe, just maybe, his empathic gifts would help.

"What I am?" She corrected.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:02 am

He turned his head to look at her and sat up a bit straighter, his ears lifting a little.

"A trill. I know because Thiacyn told me. I know from your markings. Were both you and Master Charon of the Forta clan?" He asked, thinking it perhaps a family name. "Master Charon trained Thiacyn. She spoke well of both Fortas."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl-Kappan-Chimera on Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:37 am

"It seems, Dvorak, that we are both ignorant of each other's species." She smiled, lifting the pleads of her black, starched-hard treated robe, exactly how Charon once did to Thiacyn on Naboo. "Come, put your hand here." Softly, she swallowed the dry word-pill and became soft like her Master, Charon's Master, Master Oolong.

Chimera knew very little of Gelfling culture, but she did know of their empathic powers through touch. Suddenly, the chances of Thiacyn and Dvorak finding each other seem less like chance and more like the force working its miracles.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:46 am

Dvorak was curious. Chimera Forta seemed always so proper, well, when not drinking. Such an intimate invitation for contact was unexpected.

He shifted in his chair, sliding down until his feet touched the cool floor of the ship, his foot-wraps a shield against the metal. He leaned in and placed his small, delicate hand on her, his four fingers lightly splayed. His hand was warm and gentle, contrast to cold Trill hands. He was such a slight, elfin creature.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl-Kappan-Chimera on Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:57 am

Chimera was not eager to share her memories with Dvorak by any means. She was worried he'd catch glimpses of Jedi far darker than the figure which he had described duelling with Thiacyn. Sith who killed children in cold blood; Clones executing thousands of Jedi in mere seconds across the galaxy. She breathed, remembering the calming teas and excersizes of Master Oolong and her former lives. Her fears were not what Dvorak was to see; instead, he saw nothing. A terrifying blackness or a cacophony of images and identities too scattered and manipulate through time to distinguish. Chimera hoped it would not be troubling for the little empath, trying to stay in tune with his emotions. She would attempt to guide him through this void if the commander, the Jedi Master, could remember her training with Thiacyn.

"Dvorak, can you hear me? She called out in the void.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:15 am

He was stunned by what he "saw" and felt and the nothingness that wasn't empty, but rather like a tangle of overgrown vines, where it was impossible to tell where one ended and another began.

How could one being be so much?

It was alarming, confusing, but not overwhelming. Taking a breath, he focused on what it was like to dreamfast with his entire clan at one time, or with Riti's family, the Kulnat clan, back on Pandora. This wasn't unknown to him, he just didn't expect it in this instance.

And when he didn't expect it, he also didn't hold his connection at bay.

Chimera saw the little gelfling growing up in a world at war, of constant terror, of hiding, fighting, or cowering on ships, from great barges to little canoes. Ducking from big black bugs, and winged crystals...and cruel featherless avian monsters draped in robes.

A wall, a prophecy, that a gelfling could bring peace back to Thra.

A shooting star that Dvorak followed to where it landed, where he saw a human jedi battle an enemy. The two fell and in his dying moments, the Jedi gave Dvorak all the knowledge of the force he could. Dvorak respectfully bringing the jedi to an enclave, meeting Thiacyn, the training.

The fight with the evil worm-headed white Twi'lek, how he hid like a coward and ended up on Pandora. How he met Riti, and became one with her clan. How his feelings for her grew, like she was now all of his soul.

And through all this, Chimera could sense no evil, no lust for power. Just an utter oneness with Riti, and a profound sense of altruism for other living creatures. All the little gelfling wanted was to help his people heal the crystal, and be happy and safe with the woman he loved.

Last edited by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl-Kappan-Chimera on Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:35 am

She could feel his pain firstly, but warmth grew throughout his journey overcasting whatever terrors he once felt with love. Whatever this feeling was, it didn't feel shallow at all. More importantly, and unlike any other attachment she had come to know in her time judging on the council, this didn't feel dangerous. Why did Chimera feel so incline to prevent Dvorak from Riti? Riti from Dvorak?

Chimera tried to peel back the sheets of darkness, convoluted memories taking the shape of vines. Memories of Thiacyn and Charon, and Charon and Oolong, and beings so far removed they made little sense to anyone involved. Something grovelled a deep whispery tone from the past - a gravelly rasp. It was dark and unclear. Her metaphysical self drew and activated her lightspear, swirling deep cuts at the vines and darkness, hoping to silence it. She tried and tried, but the shadowy tentacles returned, growing back like seething hate and anger. Nothing would sever them. "Dvorak, can you hear me!" She cried out - this dream fast became more like a night terror to her.

Her physical body breathed, trying to keep her body from failing. she was stronger than this! She was a Jedi Master! What business did a Jedi Knight have making this seem so easy when she was nearly tearing at the seams. However, Forta was not only a Jedi. There were lives hidden within her designed for this kind of infiltration. She relaxed into her hatred, her fear, her anger, knowing it was apart of her, knowing how to control aspects considered taboo by her peers. With one deep breath, a breath Oolong constructed in Charon's infancy, a light shined through the void. A small white prism hovering pendant, no colour from either side. "Dvorak, do you see that?" The sound of her body's heart and lungs clouding the dream. If together couldn't focus, their connection would surely break.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:18 pm

History, Dvorak's history, played out in snippits and scenes, fading from one to another, like a holovid, until this moment, until he sat in the ship, his hand on Chimera's stomach, her voice echoing.

"I hear you." He answered, finally, calmly. "I am with you."

His vision under his eyelids was of darkness, of the vines, of the tiny white light dancing beyond. He, in his mind, his psychic, or astral self, willed forward, toward the light. The dark was still a tangled swirl, but he knew to focus on the light.

"You've had such a long...existence..." He noted. "Are trill eternal?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl-Kappan-Chimera on Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:38 pm

"Something's odd about this light. It feels... dark." She gave cause for concern, knowing very well the depths of Forta's past was not to be prodded aimlessly. With so much history, it was often a dangerous place. "Dvorak. I have to ask you to let go of me now, despite curiosity. This could get ugly and we can't risk our mission." Chimera stated, alone in the dark with the floating prism just beyond her grasp. If he severed, she'd nap back exhausted; if he continued, there was no telling what kind of temptations would emulsify from the dark or the light - or how weak it might make her.

"No.." She correctly softly. A simple "No.." seemed like scaling a mountains of words. "Some Trill are two beings in one.. we are a direct melding of our Symbionte and ourselves. An amalgamation, if you will. Though Chimera has lived only this life, Forta has lived many, no.." Another mountain. "Countless lives. However, we are only ever one being. I am only sentiently aware of fifteen of these lives, but recently, glimpses of even the Old Republic have come to me. I'm not sure if they are my past, or visions of the force." She explained, a hint of distress buried in her sudden confession; her bold and troubling wisdom.

Though it was hard, Forta mangled her tired, fallen-asleep limbs to gain some kind of stance aboard the T6 shuttle. Silently, her panting subsiding, as if she was done talking, she made her way to the cockpit room. She didn't know if Dvorak would follow, but she had hope to put all his question in Cryo-sleep.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:43 pm

As requested, Dvorak removed his hand. The link was severed and his mind and vision was clear and in the moment. His ears twitched as he listened to Chimera Forta. When she finished speaking he quietly said "Ah. I see."

He followed her. She looked tired and thought maybe, since they were starting to open up to one another that she would enjoy the company, or at least a second set of tiny hands.

"Don't despair," he told her softly. "You are strong with the force. And in your conviction. You want to make sure the jedi survive and you can cultivate knowledge from many personal histories, filled with knowledge." He smiled. "I trust in you."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl-Kappan-Chimera on Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:58 pm

"K4, scan for any energy readings on Tython." Chimera said, as the ship jolted out of light speed. If Dvorak wasn't mindful, he'd be flung forward. Chimera, though she had let him in a few moments earlier, was goal driven, and could sense something troubling on the planet beneath them.

"Dvorak, please repeat nothing of what you saw in my memories to anyone, not even Riti. Just as I would never ask you to know her secrets, or yours. Just as I have not pried into your mind for information. The universe is more dangerous now than it ever was." She uttered this deal exquisitely, as is espionage was a second language to her. After all, Charon was her last life.

From the cockpit seat stood a tall, old, rusty K4-security unit. If Dvorak had ever searched into Thiacyn's memories, he may have recognized it. Then again, he may have recognized an aspect of Chimera in this way too. The history ran deep; the secrets ran deeper. "Yes Captain Forta; may I ask what we are looking for?" The droid crackled a fitting question.

"Well, K4, I'm hoping to get our ship back - after all this time." She smiled, the first one she'd given since back aboard Scatterstar. Being away, being in the middle of space, it worried her. She wasn't allowed to die out here.

Everything fell silent but the sound of the droid scanning. "I trust you too, Dvorak."

"Captain Forte. There is nothing in range. Perhaps we should take flight over the planet." Persuaded the droid, feeling antsy to get the Drachma back. With its long range scanners, they wouldn't need to be so daring.

"Prepare for atmospheric decent. Do it quickly. Then get as low to the planet surface as possible. I will not be detected this close to the core worlds. Undertood." She ordered, swiftly. This is what she was bread for.

"Understood captain." K4 complied, flicking some switched before lowered the craft.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:14 pm

At the sudden propulsion, Dvorak was indeed flung forward, and he shot his arms out and force pushed against the cockpit to keep himself from crashing into the controls. Quick instincts and action for one so small and seemingly pacifistic.

When he was confident that he was secure, he lowered his hands and looked at Chimera. "I will not tell anyone. Not even Riti. It is not for Riti to know. Trust is a fragile thing and I honour yours."

He looked out the cockpit window and watched the stars, and the float of the planet near them. "...Tython. I've read about it in the archives...It is not a happy place." He said with wry sageness.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl-Kappan-Chimera on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:32 pm

The T6 unite flipped its fin-like wing to horizontal position. The thuds and squeaks causing mild discomfort.

"Organics, brace yourselves." Warned K4-T3.

The wings hit thick, life-bringing atmosphere. Heavy force weighing them down.

"Kate, faster will you! Need I remind you that this shuttle has no fire-power?" She ordered, as affectionately and jokingly as she could, trying to hide a laugh that wasn't really there.

"Dvorak, hold on, we'll be hitting breathable air soon - and the drop can be... unsettling." She explained, not knowing how much space travel he'd really had.

The tension broke. The whole T6 unit lobbed for a few pendant seconds before dropping form the sky. "K, what are you doing?" She scorned, that drop feeling in her gut was especially uncomfortable for a Trill-Symbonte.

"I've killed the engines and all power, sir. Less chance of being detected." The droid's voice excruciatingly calm as they fell hundreds of feet close to the speed of sound. Faster even -- based on then large circumference of Tython. Somehow, Chimera understood and dealt with the discomfort. She meditated, closing her eyes.

"Rerouting power." Stated K4 as the thud of the engines kicked in just fifty feet before the surface. Everything fell calm as the T6 hovered; not a sound but the air of their stealthy engine.

"Good work." She assured, holding her stomach tight. "Now, land, scan for lifeforms and energy sources; then, shut off all power. We've come this far without detection and I intend to keep it that way." She grunted, her teeth grinding in what looked very similar to rage.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:49 pm

As they dropped, Dvorak knew only terror for many, many moments. Chimera's confusion and questioning the droid didn't help things either.

He sensed her begin to meditate, and he followed her example. He closed his eyes, and tried to focus his breathing, to feel no fear, no anxiousness, no dread, no join, no happiness, only peace.

In moments, the sound of the dropping ship faded into the distance until he heard only the hum of the air. He no longer felt the chair and the restraints against his body, but rather like he was floating weightless.

He opened his eyes to the sound of Chimera's voice: ...ome this far without detection and I intend to keep it that way.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl-Kappan-Chimera on Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:55 am

Dropping from the sky was tedious more than anything. Chimera's impatience was getting the better of her; waiting from the landing, waiting from the scan; waiting to find the Drachma; she was alway waiting from something. As if this mission wasn't enough stress, the commander couldn't keep her mind off of a late political Alliance-Starfleet transaction; she'd know no update until returning home or finding a befitting signal to contact Hyppolita. She breathed, trying to reflect on some innate ability to relax. She succeeded ever so slightly.

"K4-T3, you have three seconds to find something and then I want power off regardless." She ordered. One, two, three, she waited, hoping the scanner would bleed some irritating sound into the cockpit, but nothing happened. The only sound was the drone of the engines and synthetics turning off. "K4, I want you on low-power as well. I'm sorry." She pardoned herself, trying not to give the prissy droid the satisfaction of a retort.

"Dvorak." She summoned his attention. "I need you to start meditating. Your connection with Thiacyn is all we have to go off of right now. I don't mean to pressure you, but..." Her downward inflection hinting at little hope, but very high stakes.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:31 pm

Dvorak offered a slight, calm smile. "It is my understanding that Thiacyn cultivated many connections in her lifetime. Not least of which was with you. And with Forta. The being within you. I suggest we both meditate. We are stronger together and can lend one another that strength."

After that suggestion, his face went neutral. "But first, we must step off this ship. I am stronger when there's life near me. Even a dead planet such as this one seems to be, the earth is never really dead." Ships were cold and hard and lifeless. Dvorak felt disconnected when he was aboard them.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl-Kappan-Chimera on Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:09 am

Chimera would try not to take Dvorak's suggestion as disobedience. Disobedience is a demand for change, she thought, keeping in mind words she'd utter so long ago. A self she'd forgotten in the ash of the Clone War - maybe even a pre-separatist era. "I'll get you off this ship and on to soil, but we're in the territory of the Sith Lords. I will not be caught blind out here like easy-pickings sitting around like my..." She caught herself. "Like our brothers and sisters." She gave pause.

"C'mon." She half-ordered, hearing the droid shut down in tandem of her command, before walking down the service ramp of the Jedi Shuttle. K4 had picked a wonderful spot to hide the ship, drenched in the dead tundra of Typhon.

She set foot on the grey, dry soil. Death surrounded this place, as if a great battle took place here. Chimera, faintly, could remember how luscious it once was here. Thick, heavy, green jungle. Chimera was shocked by the nature of this planet and how it had been changed so drastically. This only put her on higher alert. "Meditate. I'll stand guard." She stated dryer than the soil, flicking her traditional metallic Je'daii spear, nicking her hand to draw blood, before walking bleeding a circle around them and themselves and ships perimeter. More importantly, she never strayed far enough to loose vantage of Dvorak.

"All Jedi have their strengths, Dvorak. My understanding of what happens on Scatterstar has nothing to do with the force; though the illusion of my sensory skills is prevalent, I know when someone looks the wrong way, or steps out of place because of strategic training since birth. I was born to lead. I can sense what happens on Scatterstar because I am adept." She explained, admitting her faults.

"The Jedi of the Old Republic called those of us with your skills Consulars. Where Jedi of my traits where called witches. Though I am heavily skilled in melee combat and strategy, like a Guardian Jedi, my force abilities are more of a curse than anything. I was burdened with the force by my prior lives. The force is in my blood, my being, like a virus." Her lip stiffened. "The Jedi had very little to offer me. Their methods never stuck. I had to look for other avenues. Have you ever heard of the Witches of Dothomir?" She asked, inspecting her protective seal.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:06 pm

He watched her draw her circle, not disturbed but not exactly serene either. "When I first arrived at the enclave, in my first few months under Thiacyn, I read all I could from the Jedi Archives. Dreamfasted what information I was able. I am somewhat aware of Dathomir. They weren't born with the force naturally, they had to summon it through arcane magics." He looked at her, watched her careful work. He knew from that brief dreamfasting that she did have the force naturally. Or, maybe it was Forta who did.

"...You want a solution for every possibility. That's why you learn as many varying techniques that you have. Not to mention living one lifetime after the next, with all the memories in tact." His big gold eyes observed her, studied her. They shone with a honeyed warmth. "You're very formidable, Master Chimera Forta. With you at our side, I have no doubt that we will survive through the Empire's reign. You're a flickering silver light in the darkness, and those with even and inkling of the force cannot help but be drawn to you."

With those words of admiration and confidence, Dvorak settled into a cross legged sit on the bare earth and closed his eyes, sending his will out into the force, and seeking their reason for being on this old planet.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl-Kappan-Chimera on Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:27 pm

"I was not born sensitive to the force like you - so prosperously in touch. I am not a creature the force likes, or reasons will, but the trill fashioned it to me. It scares me the way I'm forced to use it. I abuse the force, I don't meld with it like you. I am no different than the Sith." She admitted to herself, defeated, foolishly letting the young Jedi in. "And there's my other lives that, once I took Forta as my life, should have made me force sensitive, but I wasn't so lucky." She narrowed her vision to the distance, concentrating on the barrier she'd just created.

"Can you sense what's out there?" She asked, knowing very well the dangers Typhon possessed - from Manka Cats, beasts of fire, and Flesh Hunters. "The sith are the least of our problems here." She doubted, something about this planet made her will weaker. Perhaps, Dvorak would be able to sense its source.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:06 pm

Dvorak opened his eyes and looked at her with concern. He stood up and walked to her, and lay a gentle hand on her arm. Her sleeves kept them safe from any skin to skin dreamfasting.

"You are not like the sith. You only want what's best. You don't crave power the way they do. You have so much to be responsible for, and people who will help you. I will help you, gladly."

His ears twitched and he looked out to the middle distance. "I feel...something. Yes. Not unlike what happened to Thra after the skeksis came." He stepped forward, his brow furrowed. "Do you wish to stay here with the ship? Shall I go ahead?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl-Kappan-Chimera on Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:37 am

The Dissension, a modified Lamda shuttle, mixed with a covenant design, used only of The Plague of Discord found itself in the exact quadrant where the Drachma had been sliced by the Incision. The Incision docked in its spacious bay. Kappan, and his equal, stood at the shuttles cock-pit. Two highly ranked Revenant special ops piloting the ship - they were in good hands - and in a good position to sink into the cacophony of the force. The brutal commander started, closing his eyes. A hefty, unsettling breath. "Do you feel it?" His voice worn with rage, like rust. "Her presence still lingers, a stench even in the vacuum of space.. even in death." Stated the shogun bridge commander, a little out of this element. "No.. something else.. it tries to seduce the force. Help me starve it." He spat his words in disgust. How these rebels could defile his religion even after his ascension of lies. He could feel the similarities to the Prophet of Calamity. It triggered his wrath.

Lord Commander Kappan wished to feel the disruption he'd felt in Storiation's eyes back on his bridge, something to draw him back to his source of power. He missed the darkness of his ship. "I am emitting my presence in what little hope is left for this shit hole; I will find what scum still lurks in plan sight; and when I do, we will eradicate what remains of this fallen ruin."
--

Someone called out to Dvorak among the dark energies of Typhon; this voice, was a gold flicker of hope and gentility in the mass of hate and chaos. "Youngling.. You have quiet the choice ahead of you.. abandon you friend in need, or head forth and have faith your friend will be fine. Will the force be with you? Are you one with the force?" It questioned the fae-like beings very mettle.

"Dvorak.." Chimera's doubt consuming her, her eyes loosing their emerald tone - fading to the green of dying leaves - loosing their will. "I can feel them." She uttered, fear settling among the doubt. "We won't be safe here for long. My barrier can hide our sent from predators, but it emits the force. They will find us soon." Her voice trembling, she was loosing her fight against what probe the light of the force and she more susceptible to it than her companion.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:08 am

Dvorak heard the voice. His ears perked, though he didn't hear it with his ears but rather his essence.Though the words were ominous, he did not fear them nor who sent them.

"I am." He said out loud, then looked at Chimera, giving her one of his innocent, kind, warm smiles. "Master Chimera Forta. I know the path is difficult. And it's not always easy to trust in the force. Or ourselves. But, if you find it difficult to find those things, the trust in the force and in yourself...then trust in the souls depending on you to see them to safety and happiness. Your dedication to them is stronger than any fear. Any hopelessness. I know that you still have a long journey ahead of you. We both do."

He stood. "Wait here for me. I will return. You can trust in that." Before he gave her a chance to reply, he shot out running, arms trailing behind him to keep his cloak from catching too much wind drag. The little creature was fast.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl-Kappan-Chimera on Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:49 am

"You're... right." She hesitated, the words didn't flow as easily as she hoped, but still, she hoped and that counted for something. Though her head ached from whatever disturbed her senses, she had to continue to dissuade it for Dvorak's safety. She had an idea, but she wondered if she'd be too weak to execute it. She'd already used so much blood to create the circle of protection and using more of this technique could render their two man squad rather useless. She needed to think, but it was impossible to calm her mind. She'd have to dedicate herself to battle tactics now, and not the force. If she trusted in herself, the force would be with her, right?

An idea perked. They were a three man squad. "K4, power-up." She ordered.

"Online." Replied a staticky voice. "What's the plan."

The scream of an empire engine was shrill, but distant. However far, they didn't have much time. "You're not going to like it. We need a diversion. I need you to flee, and fast. Divert all power to engines and dart. Do not, whatever you do, lead these empire stiffs to Scatterstar." She started to cry, and deep memory of K4-T3 in her past. "Kate, I have faith I'll see you again."

"Just get my ship back, alright?" He retorted rather personally for a droid; there was soul in K4's robotic tone. With that said, the Jedi shuttle was off and a few covenant ships pursued it.

--

The descent to the planet was smoother with Empire MOK engines. Kappan noticed an anomaly. His gold eyes staring it down with hatred. It was a small ship leaving a deserted planet and it was worth investigating. "Scan for lifeforms, and pursue." The covenant ghost ties, a design custom to the Plague of Discord, whipped out of formation in pursuit.

"My lord, detecting robotics, no lifeforms. We suspect an escort of some kind." Stated a deep, intense voice over the com.

"Shoot it down. I will not have our Jedi leave." He ordered with no hint of mercy.

"Yes sir."

--

The sound of laser canons whispered through the atmosphere, but no explosion. He had a chance, and she had to have faith. "K4!!" Screamed Chimera, knowing the droid's chances were slim. A tear graced her soft, patterned cheek. "I'll find it." She promised under her breath. She had to be strong for her one of her only remaining friends from a previous life.

She scouted ahead, finding a canopy where she'd remain in the circle and hidden from sight. In the distance, and approaching, she could see the Empire shuttle and a fighter escort. It seemed there numbers had slimmed thanks to K4. "What a dodgy little rust bucket." She praised the droid. Still, she had to find a way to deal with the fighters before they landed. Chimera could handle the Inquisitor she assumed was aboard, but a whole Special Ops squadron was another story. Based on her intel, Revenants were trained in Melee combat too. What would she do?

--

"Dvorak, let your thoughts go. Let only the force guide you." Said the mysterious ether, whisking through the force like pale blue dye in water.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:27 pm

Controlled chaos. That was probably the only way to describe watching the Clone variant Z-95 Headhunter as it streaked through the sky. Striation wasted no time going forth aboard the small, tight starfighter, which she had dubbed The Incision. A name that spoke of the Y incision burn on her chest, of a surgical scalpel, of precision. Sleek and cold and modified, the Incision was her most trusted ally.

At first, she toyed with the tiny camp, swooping and circling. Likely she was planning to drop bombs. But no. She came around a final time, and shot the Incision's ion cannon right at the camp, intending to disable any electronics, including com devices. Chimera was cut off from any sort of aid. She was an island onto herself. The Incision swung back around.

And now, it barreled right toward Chimera Forta, coming in hot and fast. It's landing skids lowered and the cockpit quickly snapped open. A figure sprung out, shooting straight up into the air while The Incision cut a violent path through the trees, right for Forta.

It skid in the dirt, cutting deep trenches in the earth as it finally came to a stop. The pilot, a white, leather-clad twi'lek, landed on her feet in a crouch, one red lightsaber already lit. She stood to her full height and faced Chimera. Not for the first time. She pulled the other lightsaber from her belt and it hissed to life. The blade was black. Chimera knew the essence of that kyber crystal well. Now it was choked with a darkness, Thiacyn's aura buried by the hate and rage that Striation carried with her, always.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top