Star Wars: Scatterstar
"Execute order 66"
With those simple words, myriad Jedi and Padawans had fallen under the trigger of a blaster. They were all but purged from the galaxy. Survivors, desperate to live on hid, in exile and scattered to distant, remote planets. The Galactic Senate had crumbled, giving way to the Empire.

But balance must return to the Force, and secretly, Jedi are roaming the galaxy to find Padawans, a new generation to train in the ways of the light side of the Force. A rebellion is forming and those once undiscovered in the Wild Space and the Unexplored Sector are now making their voices heard.

ScatterStar is a Star Wars crossover forum based RPG set in the 26th century and takes place between Episode III and Episode IV. Ever wanted a Vulcan Jedi? A Klingon with a BFG 9000? A Roswell Grey Sith? A Yautja bounty-hunter who collects the lightsabers of his kills? A Wookie ensign in Star Fleet? In ScatterStar, all this and more can be possible.
Because the Universe is a very, very big place...
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 14 on Sat Mar 05, 2016 8:55 pm
Affiliates
AFFILIATE WITH US!

AFFILIATES
MEFA; a pre-Shepard Mass Effect RP Star Wars: Exodus Star Wars Universe RP TO INFINITY AND BEYOND We Fight or We Die Vector

Vermin's Quarters (Chimera, Vermin)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Vermin's Quarters (Chimera, Vermin)

Post by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:10 pm

They had a meeting, and Vermin was late. That was unlike him and it vex Chimera somewhat. She tried contacting him through their com pins but there was no response.
When she asked the computer to locate Vermin, she was told he was in his quarters. Perhaps something was wrong?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Vermin's Quarters (Chimera, Vermin)

Post by Daryl-Kappan-Chimera on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:02 pm

Today was more than relatively irking, having dealt with the Irken Ambassador in regards to sugar and refineries. Telling a civilization fueled by snacks and chaos that they can't receive their goodies due to closed trade-routes was a migraine. Though, even if she spilled her Jedi smuggling secret operations, their leaders were too stupid and illogical for any serious Empire to believe them. She couldn't help but clench her fist, that awful habit wouldn't die. Though, she was known never to have once lost her lightsaber. Still, a lack of punctuality was the last thing Chimera could stand today.

A floating table brought her a "Strongtini", a customary drink made from and a mystery liquor from Kronos; rumor dictates Chimera actually distills it herself. "Thank you, Hyppolyta" She grunted before downing the whole thing. She was unfazed -- not even a wince. Though she did not comment on Vermin's error, but her habits and her emerald eyes radiated disappointment.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:08 pm

In a way it had worked out so far since the meeting with the Irkins ran over-long. But that was 40 minutes ago.

Another 20 minutes passed, and still no sign of Vermin. It wasn't like him. He was usually such a good little grunt, punctual, efficient, succinct. Yet she didn't feel like anything was wrong. Or was her irritation clouding her mind?

Was he taking advantage of his position? It's not like he could be fired, he was the best she had, but was his respect for her and his post slacking? Was she going to have to give him a talking to? Ridiculous! He wasn't a child!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl-Kappan-Chimera on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:21 pm

Like a dart she flew from her room, her blood running to a boil, making the alcohol takes its course, which, apparently, she wouldn't feel until she crashed into Vermin's chambers. "Completely disregarding a meeting instils a complete lack of confidence. However, if you've decided that this is too much for you..." She paused; her belligerent focus become acute to the situation. Still, she was confused. Nope, just drunk. "I..."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:23 pm

He wasn't in his main room. The bathroom door was open and silent, with the lights off so he wasn't in there. Likewise with his bedroom. But each room had its own private holosuite. His was closed, and the little computer console on the wall was blinking. He was playing imaginary?!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl-Kappan-Chimera on Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:17 pm

"Computer, identify programing of hollow-suite AM22044." Deliberate and efficient, her communication lacked compassion, but she had it; at least, when she hadn't been dealing with otherworldly idiots. The feeble minded kept her bitter and self-destructive.

"Personal Programming, disabled." Monotone.

"Then fu..." She stopped herself. Perhaps, there was something Vermin didn't wish for her to see. "Override. Commander Chimera Forte. Instal spectator program." She placed Hyppolyta in the console and waited for data. "Also, bring me another drink"

She wondered over to the sofa, another drink appeared.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:21 pm

"Spectator mode is not permitted with this particular program." The computer said, dully. "Analyzing. Would you like to enter the holo room, Commander? The commander is authorized to enter in the event of an emergency."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl-Kappan-Chimera on Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:29 pm

She downed her drink, thinking she might need it. She had just sat down, and really didn't want to, but, his utterly ridiculous priorities were worse than a punctured lung and needed attending. "Fine."

The door slid open, seemingly ever-so slower than usual. She knew that were imagination. He gut fell to the floor every time she entered anything with title hollow-something. She hated them as she hated anything that existed for emotional suffering. And so, through the vale she went.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:55 pm

The door slid open to hundreds of thrumming bodies, thrashing and moshing and flailing their limbs. They were all shapes and sizes, races, species, but a lot of them were female and a lot of them were blue. It wasn't just the lights.

Lights, stage lights, flairing and sweeping over the crowd. As Chimera Forta entered the ...theater...? she found she could move through the people like they were ghosts. Holograms indeed.

It was so loud! Wailing guitars and unforgiving drums, and amplified grunting...was that supposed to be singing?

She reached the edge of the elevated stage, and there was Vermin, behind a mic and guitar screaming god-knows-what.

Vermin had run this program hundreds of times. He knew a pretty girl would be front and centre. Sometimes she was Asari, sometimes Twi'lek, Boolian or Delvian or even sometimes a Chiss, but always a blue girl. The computer knew to randomize it enough. He looked down and expected to see her.

She was there, but she flickered in her screaming excitement, and her image shifted and he saw Chimera, standing in the exact same spot as the blue girl.

Vermin's lyrics went nonsensical until somehow he managed to demand "COMPUTERENDPROGRAM!"

The stage, the crowd, the venue shimmered around them and faded and Vermin was standing on nothing more than a foot-locker.

"...um...I can explain..."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl-Kappan-Chimera on Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:34 pm

She definitely needed the drink.

"Please, please continue. You're quite good. Scream-o? Correct, from the 2000's of Earth's rotations?" Her voice fell hard and heavy, despite the fact she understood the need to release some tension. Could this have really taken priority over saving an entire race, an entire religion. Her Strongtini glass became too familiar in her hand to realize her own escapism. At least hers didn't cost hours and a formidable character.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:42 pm

"It's...not scream-o." He said haltingly, unslinging the guitar from off his shoulders and stepping off the foot locker. "It's alt-rock." He walked past her, and the doors to the holosuite opened, cutting a scene of his quarters into the grid-like room.

He grabbed a t-shirt and shrugged it on over his muscle shirt. He paused, looked at her, and blinked.

"Wait, what are you doing here?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl-Kappan-Chimera on Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:22 pm

"Ever performed in front of real people? Or is this all--" He cut her off with an ignorant peep.

"Are you kidding me? What are you doing here? We had a meeting with the Irken Ambassador. What are you doing here?" She started to loose her cool a little, before asking the hollow-sweet for another drink. Unauthorized. Alcohol limit exceeded.

She fell silent.

"I. See what you did?!?" And then looked for a seat while pointing at the intercom. Fumbling, there was nothing around.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:26 pm

His mandibles twitched a little as he tried to hide a grin. She was drunk. It was actually kind of cute in a silly way.

"I wasn't worried about it." He answered. "The Irkins are morons, I knew you could handle it on your own." He cleared his throat. "And no. I haven't. I don't. It's just a bit or escapism. I'm sure you probably pretend you're a super hero or a queen or..." He grinned again, unable or maybe just unwilling to hide it. "an owner of a vineyard."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl-Kappan-Chimera on Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:32 pm

Like a fiery whip her eyes lashed Vermin's eyes, the gaze hit so hard it would leave a juicy souvenir. "I don't play pretend."

Why this was unnecessarily mean would be beyond him and her. Still, she could let go the Irken's incident. She sighed, "Jedi are not supposed to dwell on their feelings and desires; technically, we're not even supposed to drink. These rooms are a constant reminder of..." She stopped, circling the rim of her emptied glass.

"No, not a reminder. It's a shadow you can't shake with the brightest of lights, and it temps me to live any lie possible. At least this..." She held her glass to him with an intoxicated grace. "This, is real."

"Though, I suppose all those commandments and rules fell to shit after the Empire took power." She laughed. It wasn't really funny, but it helped.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:38 pm

"The rules are more important now than even before." Vermin said. "If you want to uphold and protect the remaining Jedi Order, or rebuild it or whatever, you can't slack off. You can't pick and choose what rules to uphold. I thought Jedi were big on discipline?"

He moved to carefully take her glass, his chitinous fingers clinking softly on the clear drink-ware. "I'll just...take that."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Daryl-Kappan-Chimera on Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:58 pm

"You shouldn't lecture me about discipline. Where were you so diligently today? Was getting it on with your Twi'lek groupies so important that you it outweighed the safety of the galaxy?" She teased before getting out of her seat and starting towards the door. The holosuite was starting to chill her bones, and sand her down. Once she passed the doorway, a little bit of release was noticed.

She got frustrated with how mean she was being in there. Her cruelty came from an honest place; still, sometimes the truth could hurt more than a lie. "I do apologize. I'm sorry. I really am. You've seen me at my best and worse. You're probably the only living being to experience that these days."

This was going well, she thought, praying desperately that she wouldn't screw it up. "Just say goodnight, and be done with this." She scorned.

" I can't stop you from using this thing, and I do appreciate your honesty, just rationalize your priorities, please." She used the door-frame to support her drunken stupor.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dvorak-Kevik-Vermin on Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:03 pm

Maybe he shouldn't, but he wasn't the Jedi, was he.

He followed her out of the holosuite, and deposited her glass in the replicator, which fizzled it away with a shimmer and a hum. "You're under a lot of stress." He said. "It's one of my jobs to protect you. I guess that includes keeping your blood pressure down." He grinned slightly. "Need a walk back to your quarters or are you good on your own?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top